Charcoal peel-off masks are all the rage right now. Unfortunately, they also aren’t getting the best reviews. Chances are you’ve seen at least one video floating around Facebook or YouTube of some unsuspecting person trying to peel one of these bad boys of their face, but having a less than stellar experience. One thing I noticed, though, was all of these masks came from questionable companies overseas. I found one that’s made by the Shoppers Drugmart Life brand right here in North America, so I thought I would try it out and see how it compares.
It was at this exact moment I had wondered if I was making a terrible mistake.
If you were bored lucky enough to catch my Facebook Live review of the mask then I
apologize thank you for checking it out, hahaha. My video skills need some work but I’ll get there.
This was my first Facebook Live video for By Bri and I wasn’t properly prepared. There are a few points that I wanted to cover that I forgot about at the time which is why I’m posting a follow-up review here on the blog. That being said, here’s the quick rundown:
- It goes on your face like tar. It’s thick and goopy. Make sure you wash your face first so your pores are open.
- Avoid your hairline, upper lip, and eyebrows! This tip was given to me on Instagram and I’m grateful.
- It says to leave it on for 30 minutes but I suggest 40 mins. It was lifting and felt dry after 30 but it still looked shiny and wet, and it came of stringy in some areas of my face.
- It doesn’t hurt!!! It was a bit uncomfortable at first when I was trying to find a point to lift, and then stung around the eyes but it really wasn’t bad. Nothing like what you see in those videos.
- It worked well! It cleaned out my pores and left my face feeling soft but it didn’t really deeply moisturize at all.
I totally recommend it if you can find it in your area. After a quick Google search, it looks like Shoppers Drugmart is a Canadian retailer and since Life is there store brand, this mask won’t be available for our international readers, however, I have found this one on Amazon.com and it has awesome reviews.
It says on the bottle it can be used weekly so I’ll update this post in a few weeks with the long term results.
Have any questions? Drop them below.